CERAMICIST TO DESIGN PARTICIPATORY POTTERY EVENT FOR OLYMPIC PARK
August 26th 2017
Deadline for applications: 8th May
Information for applicants
Rosetta Art Centre is inviting applications from mid-career and established UK-based studio ceramicists who wish to develop their practice in new ways by working with Rosetta Arts and developing their public engagement activities. We would like the selected practitioner to create a mass participatory pottery piece at the Olympic Park. Applicants must have significant experience in professional practice. Proposals should be dynamic, ambitious and inspiring – pushing forward the boundaries of contemporary creative practice, with a focus on participation and inclusivity.
You will be responsible for delivering a mass participatory pottery project at the Olympic Park. Rosetta Art Centre’s team will provide support throughout the project, encouraging the use of Rosetta’s facilities and resources. The project is integral to the on-going practice of Rosetta’s work in the community, and we hope the selected practitioner will create a dynamic, creative experience with an emphasis on participation and on-going relations between Rosetta and the community.
Aims and Expectations of the Project
We would like to achieve a balance of benefits for the Resident, the public and Rosetta Arts as far as possible.
The aims of the art piece are to:
- Enable the selected practitioner to engage with the public, and to create a long lasting legacy between Rosetta, the Olympic Park, and residents;
- Inspire public interest in creative practice and making through ceramics;
- Offer professional development to the selected practitioner in public engagement and arts education;
- Create links between Rosetta, the selected practitioner, and a wider audience including larger institutions.
- Undertake an imaginative participatory programme to engage the public.
- Raise the profile of contemporary ceramics
Proposals should be dynamic, ambitious and inspiring – pushing forward the boundaries of contemporary creative practice. We are looking for applicants who can adopt a range of different roles and who are keen to enter into a dialogue with the public.
Candidates must demonstrate:
- An interest in working within the community
- An understanding and desire to work with the public as part of their creative practice
- Ideas for innovative ways to respond to opportunities within the community
- Dynamic and inspiring ideas about how they would use this opportunity to develop their practice and how they intend to meet the aims of the project
- Creative originality and professionalism in their work
Note: works created during the project shall remain the joint property of RAC, any partners and the practitioner. At the end of the project, RAC will transfer ownership of the works to the practitioner with the agreement of all parties (Rosetta, any partners and the practitioner). Works produced with the public, as part of this project is owned by RAC. RAC shall have the right to reproduce the work, for non-commercial purposes; in agreement with the other parties in connection with the promotion of the project subject to crediting the practitioner and the project in all material.
The Bursary is £1050. It is paid through the Rosetta Art Centre payroll and is subject to income tax and National Insurance.
An additional budget will be available for materials needed for production and any other public facing activities.
Applicants should apply in their own format using application guidelines, and send to email@example.com
You will be asked to send examples of your work.
Applicants must be available for this project for 25/26th August 2017. A panel of representatives from RAC and external expert(s) will carry out the selection process.
Applicants will be short-listed from the examples of work provided (website) and supporting information and those selected will be invited for interview. Interviews will take place in May Rosetta Art Centre. Candidates must be available for interview on this date, for the whole day.
If you have any queries regarding the recruitment process, you can email us – firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date for receipt of applications is May 8th at 12:00pm